Grain quality: Managing MRLs, storage and harvest for market needs - Adelaide
A GRDC funded workshop and tour for agronomists, advisers, consultants and growers.
This one-day workshop and tour will investigate how on farm decisions such as variety selection and crop management can affect grain quality, and in turn, what grade or food product the grain can be used for.
Speakers will also cover the link between grain storage, grain quality and food safety plus explore the concept of functional grains and what this means for growing and marketing quality food products.
* Crop management, including chemical compliance and grain quality
* Crop topping and efficient herbicide use
* Managing MRLs
* Grain hygiene and storage
* Requirement for domestic and export markets
* Current research and development projects
Click here to see the final agenda
* Ken Young, General Manager of Crop Protection, GRDC
* Ian Reichstein, Director, National Residue Survey
* Don Plowman, Chair, Wheat Quality Australia
* Dr Peter Boutsalis, Weed Science Researcher, University of Adelaide
* Alex Murray, Project Agronomist, NSW DPI
* Dr Chandra Singh, AMRDC, University of South Australia
* Dr Rohan Rainbow, Managing Director, Crop Protection Australia
* Dr Ian Wesley, Principal Research Scientist, AEGIC
* Kent Andrew, Biosecurity SA – Chemical Compliance
Click here to view and to download the flyer.
Please review the cancellation/refund policy prior to booking.
0430 087 376 or 08 8332 3277
*Student rate and group bookings available
Location and Time
8:15 am - 5:00 pm
University of Adelaide – Waite Campus
Bookings are closed for this event.