Harvester Fire Workshop - Swan Hill
A GRDC funded workshop for growers, agronomists, advisers and consultants.
On average seven per cent of harvesters will start a fire every year. Harvester fires can cause significant damage to the machine or surrounding crop and place you and your neighbours at risk.
Be prepared this harvest.
Join us Tuesday 2nd Oct from 8:30 am at the Swan Hill Football/Netball Club to get the up to date information about your upcoming harvest.
Topics addressed will be:
- Developing a plan of attack for harvester fires, including machinery maintenance, hygiene and modifications – Ben White
- Voluntary Grain Harvesting Guidelines and working with the CFA – Alister Boyd, VFF
- Precautions to minimise the risk of fires, including the Grasslands Fire Danger Index, and chain of command for farm firefighting units – Kevin Sleep, CFA
- Insurance management to ensure you’re covered for fires – John Snowball, Landmark
- Farming after fire – Steve Whillas and Belinda Cay will share their experiences of recovery after fire losses
Rural Financial Counsellors will also be in attendance to provide support and information for growers who are concerned about financial difficulties from a poor harvest or harvester fire losses.
View the full agenda
0402 788 526 or 08 8332 3277
Location and Time
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Swan Hill Football/Netball Club
Bookings are closed for this event.