Harvester Fire Workshop - Warracknabeal
A GRDC funded workshop for growers, agronomists, advisers and consultants.
Over the past few growing seasons, many farmers in the southern region have experienced issues when harvesting lentils. The risk of fire has been high with many growers having to implement extreme harvester hygiene to avoid flare ups.
This harvest the message is clear: Be aware of the risks and have a management plan in place.
Join industry experts, engineers and growers to discover:
- Practical harvester modifications to reduce heat load
- New firefighting solutions to kit out your header, chaser bin and chaff carts
- This season’s ‘ Grain Harvesting Code of Practice’
- New equipment and strategies to be fire ready.
Join us 18th Oct from 7:30 am at the Warracknabeal Community Centre for a free breakfast with 8:00 am start to get the up to date information about your upcoming lentil harvest.
Click here to view and to download the flyer.
Our speakers and their topics will be:
- Colin Newell the Warracknabeal Group Region 17 – Guidelines for operating private equipment with a check list for private units
- Ben White of Kondinin – Plan of Attack for Harvester Fires
- Peter Terry of JSG Engineering – Fire suppression systems
- Marshall Rodda of VFF – Voluntary Grain Harvesting Guidelines
- Derek Tiller Grower from Pinery SA – Risk Management from Experience
Please review the cancellation/refund policy prior to booking.
0448 840 232 or 08 8332 3277
[image courtesy Belinda Cay: cereal stubble fire that had it’s beginnings from the lentil harvest in the neighbouring paddock, 2014 at Pinery]
Location and Time
7:30 am - 12:00 pm
Warracknabeal Community Centre
Anzac Park Scott St
Bookings are closed for this event.