Invitation for teachers and career advisors
The grains industry would like to invite teachers and career advisors to a professional development workshop which will explore the careers available in Canberra’s grains and wider agricultural industry.
This free full-day workshop, plus grains networking hour, will take you on a tour through a range of research centres and industry sites to see plant breeding, cereal chemistry and a range of other agricultural careers in action. University and training providers will also present on study pathways, prerequisites and study opportunities. They will also share tips for guiding students on an exciting agricultural careers pathway.
Our team will also present on novel ways to include grain and agricultural science in your everyday teaching, with all participants receiving a FREE resource kit.
ABOUT THE DAY…
The event will be held on Wednesday, August 3, 2016.
It is a full, but fun, day which involves:
- Tours of grain industry and research facilities in and around Canberra
- Presentations on grains industry science, research, technology and education
- A grains themed industry networking hour
Click here to download the Teacher Invitation Flyer
This event is free for teachers and careers advisors. All meals, tour travel and a comprehensive showbag with education and careers resources will be provided.
- Create links with industry organisations for teaching inspiration and student work experience
- Discover learning pathways into food science and grains careers
- Receive a certificate of attendance and gift
THIS EVENT IS FOR
- Teachers of science, nutrition, biology, chemistry, geography and agriculture
- School based career advisors or VET coordinators
By Friday 29th July
for further information contact Sarah McDonnell
E firstname.lastname@example.org | P 0430 087 376
Location and Time
8:45 am - 7:00 pm
CSIRO Discovery Centre at Black Mountain – Research Institute
Where to find us
Bookings are closed for this event.