Making Money from Summer Rainfall Technical Workshop - Lake Bolac Vic
A GRDC funded workshop for agronomists, advisers, consultants and growers.
This one day workshop will investigate summer forage and summer grain cropping options for the southern Victorian high rainfall zone. Speakers will also discuss spring sown canola, utilising summer moisture, crop nutrition for forage crops, agronomic management and how to successfully incorporate fodder and grain crops into a farming system.
- Stored water and summer rainfall
- Summer forage and grain options for the southern HRZ
- Growing safflower, sunflowers in the southern region
- Agronomy for sunflower and safflower crops
- Growing sorghum for forage in the southern region
- What’s happening in the soil over summer?
- Jon Midwood, CEO – Southern Farming Systems / GRDC Southern Panel
- Annieka Paridaen, Project Coordinator – Southern Farming Systems
- Cam Nicholson, Regional Coordinator – Grain & Graze 2
- Nick Wachsmann, Agronomy Teacher – Longerenong College
- Kevin Charlesworth, Executive – Australian Oilseeds Federation, Chair – Australian Sunflower Association
- Trent Potter, Director – Yeruga Crop Research
- Anton Mannes, Territory Manager – Western Districts, Wimmera/Mallee Vic – Pacific Seeds
- Dr Rob Norton, Regional Director Australia & New Zealand – International Plant Nutrition Institute
Click here to view and to download the flyer and full program*
Please review the cancellation/refund policy prior to booking.
Online registrations have closed, however if you would like to attend please call ASAP.
0448840232 or 08 8332 3277
* program/speakers may be subject to change.
Location and Time
8:15 am - 3:15 pm
Lake Bolac Bush Nursing Centre
155 Montgomery Street
Bookings are closed for this event.