"More than Gumboots and Tractors" Careers in Australian Agriculture
The Grains Research and Development Corporation is pleased to invite teachers and career advisors to a professional development event which will explore the careers available in Western Australia’s grains and wider agricultural industry.
This free full-day event, plus grains themed dinner, will take you on a tour though a range of research centres and industry sites to see plant breeding, grain marketing and export, biosecurity, cereal chemistry and nutrition careers in action. University and training providers will also present on study pathways, prerequisites and their tips for guiding students on an exciting agricultural careers pathway.
ABOUT THE DAY…
The event will be held on Thursday, November 12, 2015.
It is a full, but fun, day which involves:
- 9:00am – 5:00pm: Industry tour at Curtin University, Australian Export Grains Innovation Centre, InterGrain & CBH
- 5:00pm – 5:45pm: Happy Hour and relax at boutique brewery The Monk
- 6:00pm – 9:00pm: Stay on for interactive, educational eating dinner
Click here to download the Teacher Invitation Flyer
Click here to view the comprehensive program.
This event is free for teachers and career advisors. All meals (Including a ‘make your own udon noodle lunch’ and dinner at The Monk Brewery), travel and a comprehensive show bag with education and careers resources will be provided. Alcoholic drinks at own cost.
- Create links with industry organisations for teaching inspiration and student work experience
- Discover learning pathways in food science and grains careers
- Receive a certificate of attendance
THIS EVENT IS FOR
- Teachers of science, nutrition, biology, chemistry, geography and agriculture
- School based career counsellors or VET coordinator.
By Friday 6th November
for further information contact Belinda Cay
E Belinda.email@example.com | P 0423 295 576
Location and Time
City Central Locations
Bookings are closed for this event.