"More than Gumboots and Tractors" Careers in the Australian Grains Industry - Wagga Wagga NSW
The Grains Research and Development Corporation is pleased to invite teachers and career guidance officers to a professional development workshop which will explore the careers available in New South Wale’s grains and wider agricultural industry.
This free full-day event, including industry networking dinner, will take you on a tour though research centres and industry sites to see plant breeding, cereal chemistry, ag technology and a range of other grains careers in action. University and training providers will present on study pathways, prerequisites and study opportunities. They will also share tips for guiding students on an exciting agricultural careers pathway.
ABOUT THE DAY…
The event will be held on Wednesday, June 29, 2016.
It is a full day from 8:45am to 9:00pm, commencing at Charles Sturt University (CSU), Wagga Wagga and involves:
- tours of grains industry and research facilities
- speakers from and within the various sectors on the grains industry including science, research technology and education
- industry networking hour with presentation of participation certificates and gift
Click here to download the Teacher Invitation Flyer
- 8:45 Arrive and register at CSU, Indyamarra Room, collect information pack
- 9:00 Welcome and CSU insights and career snapshots
- 10:30 Site tour of Riverina Oils and Bio Energy Plant
- 12:30 Lunch and industry innovation opportunities with Australian Grain Technologies
- 1:45 Trade, tertiary and certificate pathways
- 3:15 Site tour of Pioneer Dupont plant breeding nursery
- 4:30 Back to CSU for tour of the quality labs and functional grains facilities
- 6:00 – 7:00 pm Industry networking hour at CSU Bangayarra Room
Please note: the recently advertised dinner has been changed to an Industry Networking Hour which will conclude at 7pm. We apologise for any inconvenience this change may cause and hope that it will suit your needs.
Click here to view the comprehensive program. Updated 27/06/2016
Click here to download the campus map
This event is free for teachers of science, nutrition, biology, chemistry, geography and agriculture, school based career advisors and VET coordinators. All meals, tour travel and a comprehensive show bag with education and careers resources will be provided.
Enclosed sturdy footwear, long pants and long sleeved shirts.
- Create links with industry organisations for teaching inspiration and student work experience
- Discover learning pathways in food science and grains careers
- Receive a certificate of attendance and information pack
THIS EVENT IS FOR:
- Teachers of science, nutrition, biology, chemistry, geography and agriculture
- School based career advisors and VET coordinators.
Places are still available, register today to secure your seat
Contact Deb Baum
E firstname.lastname@example.org | P 0448 840 232
Location and Time
CSU, Indyamarra Room, Wagga Wagga NSW
CSU, Indyamarra Room, via Pugsley Place
Bookings are closed for this event.