PREDICTA® B: 2017 Root Disease Risk Management Course - ADELAIDE
This one day course provides information and technical advice for identifying and managing cereal root diseases.
New and experienced agronomists are invited to attend the PREDICTA® B Root Disease Risk Management course to build or refresh their skills and knowledge on soilborne diseases. The course also provides accreditation for delivering PREDICTA® B – the DNA-based soil testing service which enables growers to identify the pathogens posing greatest risk to their farm.
The course will cover:
- The main soilborne diseases for the region including rhizoctonia, crown rot and root lesion nematodes
- New tests for ascochyta blight and phytophthora root rot of chickpea, yellow leaf spot and white grain disorder of wheat, charcoal rot and long fallow disorder (northern region)
- Yield loss risk categories for established tests and population density categories for new tests
- Management options
- Effects of season
- Soil sampling strategies – including prototype sampling tool for hard soil
- Interpreting and understanding PREDICTA® B results
- Using PREDICTA® B to make better informed variety, rotation and paddock management decisions
On completion, agronomists will receive:
- An accreditation number to access the PREDICTA® B service
- The Broadacre Soilborne Disease Manual, updates can be downloaded from website
- A PREDICTA® B soil corer, including option for hard soil sampler
Presenters will include national and regional research leaders such as:
- Allan Mayfield, Mayfield Consulting (workshop facilitator)
- Alan McKay, SARDI
- Marg Evans, SARDI
Click here to download the Adelaide course agenda.
Click here to view the course flyer.
Location and Time
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
SARDI Plant Research Centre
Hartley Grove, Urrbrae
Bookings are closed for this event.