PREDICTA® B: 2018 Root Disease Risk Management Course - ADELAIDE
Event registration is now closed.
This one day course provides information and technical advice for identifying and managing cereal root diseases.
New and experienced agronomists are invited to attend the PREDICTA® B Root Disease Risk Management course to build or refresh their skills and knowledge on soilborne diseases. The course also provides accreditation for delivering PREDICTA® B – the DNA-based soil testing service which enables growers to identify the pathogens posing greatest risk to their farm.
The course will cover:
- The main soilborne diseases for the region including rhizoctonia, crown rot and root lesion nematodes
- Phytophthora root rot and Ascochyta blight in chickpeas (Parkes only)
- Interpreting and understanding PREDICTA® B results
- Using PREDICTA® B to make better informed variety, rotation and paddock management decisions
- Yield loss risk categories for established tests and population density categories for new tests
- Management options
- Soil borne diseases in dry times – what you need to know
- Soil sampling strategies
On completion, participants will receive:
- An accreditation number to access the PREDICTA® B service
- The Broadacre Soilborne Disease Manual, updates can be downloaded from website
- A PREDICTA® B soil corer
Presenters will include national and regional research leaders such as:
- Allan Mayfield, Mayfield Consulting (workshop facilitator)
- Alan McKay, SARDI
- Marg Evans, SARDI
- Laura Davies, SARDI
- Katherine Lindsell, SARDI
- Ioani Vakaci, SARDI
Click here to download the Adelaide course agenda.
Click here to view the course flyer.
Please note: We require that you register all attendees individually. Do not insert generic information, delegate contact information only.
Location and Time
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
SARDI Plant Research Centre
Hartley Grove, Urrbrae
This event is fully booked.