PREDICTA® B: 2018 Root Disease Risk Management Course - BALLARAT
The PredictB Ballarat course is now sold out. To register for the wait list please email email@example.com
This one day course provides information and technical advice for identifying and managing cereal root diseases.
New and experienced agronomists are invited to attend the PREDICTA® B Root Disease Risk Management course to build or refresh their skills and knowledge on soilborne diseases. The course also provides accreditation for delivering PREDICTA® B – the DNA-based soil testing service which enables growers to identify the pathogens posing greatest risk to their farm.
The course will cover:
- The main soilborne diseases for the region including rhizoctonia, crown rot and root lesion nematodes
- Phytophthora root rot and Ascochyta blight in chickpeas (Parkes only)
- Interpreting and understanding PREDICTA® B results
- Using PREDICTA® B to make better informed variety, rotation and paddock management decisions
- Yield loss risk categories for established tests and population density categories for new tests
- Management options
- Soil borne diseases in dry times – what you need to know
- Soil sampling strategies
On completion, participants will receive:
- An accreditation number to access the PREDICTA® B service
- The Broadacre Soilborne Disease Manual, updates can be downloaded from website
- A PREDICTA® B soil corer
Presenters will include national and regional research leaders such as:
- Allan Mayfield, Mayfield Consulting (workshop facilitator)
- Alan McKay, SARDI
- Grant Holloway, Dept. of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport & Resources Horsham
- Laura Davies, SARDI
Click here to download the Ballart course agenda.
Click here to view the course flyer.
Please note: We require that you register all attendees individually. Do not insert generic information, delegate contact information only.
Location and Time
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Sovereign Park Motor Inn
217-229 Main Road
This event is fully booked.