Sheep Technology and Innovation
How to use technology to improve profitability in your sheep business
Presented by the Mid North Young Guns, co-funded by Making More from Sheep
- Hamish Dickson, AgriPartner Consulting: Creating a burning bridge; how to motivate your farming business to try new things
A key challenge with new technology can be to get your business decision-makers on-board. AgriPartner Consulting’s Hamish Dickson will discuss methods of communicating and preparing arguments to sell your project idea within your farming business, drawing on his experiences as an influential young innovator in the sheep industry.
- Patrick Redden, Rural Directions: Planning for success; how to manage a technology project
Rural Direction’s Patrick Redden will explain the steps in planning and managing a technology project, including calculating budgets, cost/benefit and choosing a supplier.
- Robert Wyld, Sapien Technology: Recording data is all well and good, but what can I do with it?
Rob Wyld from Sapien Technology will show us how sheep producers can integrate data from sheep and wool weights and preg scanning with EIDs.
- James Ellis, TruTest: The benefits of weighing for your farm
How does EID work with your weigh system? What is the cost vs. benefit of weighing your sheep? James Ellis from TruTest will answer all your questions about weighing on your farm.
- Update on the Mid North Young Guns technology scholarship projects investigating internet connectivity, remote camera monitoring, wool measurement and recording, electric fencing and EM38 mapping
- Fee includes lunch and afternoon tea
For enquiries or more information please contact Rebecca Barr, 0402 788 526, email@example.com
This workshop is supported by the SASAG funded ‘Shepno’ project
Location and Time
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Mintaro Football Club
83 Mintaro Road
Where to find us
Bookings are closed for this event.