Strong Sheep, Strong Business
Improve the health and welfare of your sheep
Presented by the Mid North Young Guns with sponsorship by Meat & Livestock Australia, Ag Excellence Alliance and the SA Sheep Industry Fund.
The Mid North Young Guns invite you to a half-day workshop to improve the health and welfare of your sheep. While sheep producers are facing challenging times, we want to ensure our sheep are still well looked after – both for their wellbeing and to improve our profitability.
- MLA Market Analyst Alex McIntosh will provide an outlook for sheep prices to help you decide whether to sell or hold onto stock while pasture feed is limited,
- Hamish Dickson will give advice for supplementary feeding for sheep health,
- Low Stress Stockhandling specialist Nic Kentish will look at cost effective sheepyard design to reduce stress and injuries,
- Rachel Chirgwin will give a producer’s perspective on how improving sheep welfare is good for her business,
- Natural Resources will provide tips for invasive animal control to keep your sheep safe from foxes.
- Sheep Producers Australia chair Allan Piggott will keep you up to date with what you need to know in policies and legislation on animal welfare.
This is a family friendly event – kids eat lunch free and can play on the oval or join the workshop (please tell us if you’re bringing kids in your booking comment so we can feed them!)
Mid North Young Guns AGM
Learn what we’re about and have your say at an informal meeting after the workshop at the Magpie & Stump Hotel (Burra St, Mintaro). The AGM will be followed by a pub meal and chance for some networking over a beverage.
|12:35||Producer perspective; how improving sheep welfare is good for my business||Rachel ChirgwinManoora producer and Mid North Young Guns chair|
|1:05||Supplementary feeding for sheep health in a dry season||Hamish DicksonAgriPartner consulting|
|1:35||Market analysis; what’s the outlook for sheep prices?||Alex McIntoshMLA Market Insights|
|2:55||Invasive animal control; keeping your sheep safe from foxes||Natural Resources|
|3:15||Sheepyard design – how to reduce sheep stress and injuries||Nic KentishLow Stress Stockhandling|
|3:55||Welfare legislation & policies; what you need to know||Allan PiggottSheep Producers Australia|
|4:30||Drinks & networking|
|5:30||AGM at Magpie & Stump Hotel|
|6:30||Dinner at Magpie & Stump Hotel|
For enquiries or more information please contact Rebecca Barr, 0402 788 526, email@example.com
Thanks to our sponsors:
Location and Time
12:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Mintaro Football Club
83 Mintaro Road
Where to find us
Bookings are closed for this event.